7 Things every diver should do EVERY year 2021 Edition.
It's 2021 and the dive season is just around the corner. Time to get the gear out and get is serviced and inspected. If you are new to diving rule of thumb is service yearly or after 80 to 100 dives. There are some pieces that should be serviced after only 20 dives- talk to your local store. It’s a good idea to get your equipment in for servicing prior to the rush of the season.
THE FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS SHOULD BE CONDUCTED BY A SCUBA STORE
1. Regulator Serviced - SUPER Important. Conducted at the least yearly after every 80 dives. See manufacturers instructions
2. Dive Computer Serviced
3. BCD Serviced - typical inspections include: BCD disassembly, cleaning inside and out including inflator and dump valves, replacement of parts and inner workings, reassembly, test straps and releases plus a leak test.
4. Tank Inspection
5. Underwater Scooter/DPV Inspection - Indigo recommends new O-rings
THE FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS CAN BE DONE BY THE DIVER OR STORE
6. Mask, Fins and Snorkel Inspection
Indigo Fins - tighten the bolts - 6mm wrench
Indigo Fins - Buff out the scratches (watch video)
7. Wetsuit inspection and cleaning - Check out this link https://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/how-to-clean-your-wetsuit-and-make-it-last-longer
If you have additional comments or recommendations. List them below.
For more information on Indigo Industries.
Check out a last scuba gear for the next generation of diver - https://www.indigo-industries.com/shop